Home, Interest

Sunday, June 19, 2016

Thank You

Hi everyone,

 I need to explain my absence the last few days my father passed away Saturday June 11, it has been a very stressful time, I was able to keep him at home with the help of hospice for which I am very grateful.


I made Thank You notes for a few special people.


I started with this lavender card using the Brush Thank You  and gold embossing powder. Then I felt it was to feminine.



So I switched to the teal. The background is die cuts and a embossing folders.

A very sweet friend wrote this poem in honer of my dad and I wanted to share it with you.

Life Well Lived

Nearly a 100 years of history he stored beneath his hat,
his hair was white as snow... he was 94 to be exact.
His eyes could tell a story if only one man could dream,
they told about the olden days and how simple life seemed.
His hands with scars of cotton and from plowing with a mule.
he saw many changes and these are just a few.
But I can tell you all I know and it should never be the same,
his heart was lined with pure sweet gold and
Pa paw
was his name.

By: Tracy Hernandez

Have a wonderful day,

Janett 

No comments: